Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introdution

“She’s [Judy Garland] the greatest all-round performer living. She can break your heart in one minute and leave you laughing the next.” These were words spoken by the famous Gene Kelly, describing the performance of famed singer Judy Garland. Her phenomenal singing voice brought many things like fame, fortune and many troubles. Stardom brought many things for Garland, but at what cost? Like many stars, she had to struggle with media over-exposure, public opinions, and job opportunities when it came to her self image. Was that fame truly worth the chaos that was brought to her life?

1 comment:

--Kyle said...

Hey Britt,

So yes, good start! Aside from the couple of grammar/english errors it is a perfect introduction. You set the reader up with a clear idea of what they will expect to find in your essay. I understand what you are going to prove and I really cannot wait for the rest!! Woohoo!

Oh and yes, I read your comment for my info...and well you gave me the biggest epiphany when talking about the segregation. I was blown out of my seat and I started figuring out how I could incorporate that idea into my proposal as a metaphor or some sort of anecdote...I have to say thank you britt and I can't wait to see the show tonight!!